This Dred Scott v. Sandford lesson plan also includes:
Who decides someone is not a real person? Scholars investigate the Dred Scott v. Sandford court case which deals directly with slavery and citizenship. After viewing a short video clip, classmates work in pairs to assess and discuss the impact the Supreme Court decision had on the nation in 1857.
- Assign additional reading from History.com website on Dred Scott case
- Place an image of Dred Scott in the front of the room for the duration of the lesson
- Lesson takes one hour to implement
- Gives detailed lesson plans for teacher use
- Video clip is good for audio and visual learners