Watching a theatrical production can profoundly impact a person, but how would one convey the experience in writing? A handout helps readers organize their ideas and effectively write about plays, productions, and performances. Scholars also discover how language affects characterization.
- Have learners write a review of a play, performance, or film using the suggestions provided
- Ask small groups to discuss how a character's or person's speaking mannerisms affect attitudes about them
- Requires Internet access or advance printing of the handout
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes an accessible three-point plan for responding to a piece of theater
- Contains specific examples from literary works to illustrate points