This Draft-O-Meter lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Help your class improve the energy efficiency of their homes with the draft-o-meter. Simply tape a sheet of plastic wrap to a pencil and use it to observe any air leaking through windows, doorways, and other locations around the house. To avoid potential problems caused by the stickiness of plastic food wrap, consider using pieces of plastic grocery bags instead. A simple activity that raises awareness about conservation and is perfect for a celebration of Earth Day.
- Activity involves cheap materials found at home or at school
- Provides a checklist for learners to use as they look for drafts around their homes
- Requires a more detailed explanation of drafts and how they waste energy
- Only includes a method for identifying drafts, not for fixing them