This Does My Dog Know What I'm Thinking? video also includes:
Are animals capable of understanding language, or are they responding to the emotion in their owners' voice and movements? An informative video explores how the dog-human language connection works, including how much language dogs can really understand—and how much dog language people can really understand.
- Have class members watch the video on their own before writing a short narrative about an experience they've had with animal comprehension
- Encourage learners to take short videos of their own dogs or other pets at home, trying the various tricks from the resource
- Requires Internet access for both the video and assessment activity
- Engaging for dog lovers and linguistics enthusiasts alike
- Explore different aspects of the language connection, leaving the possibility of further research open