This DNA Technology presentation also includes:
One of the first biotechnology breakthroughs occurred in 1982 with the creation of synthetic insulin. Young scientists learn about DNA technology with a presentation and accompanying worksheet. It focuses on DNA extraction and sequencing, cloning, the human genome project, and genetic engineering.
- Pick one of the many ethical issues surrounding DNA technology and assign an argumentative paper
- Perform a DNA extraction lab in class
- Relies on prior understanding of DNA structure and function
- Worksheet exactly follows presentation order
- Introduces many related but diverse topics in a cohesive way