Divide and conquer the geometry problem. Young scholars consider how to subdivide triangles into smaller ones that have equal areas. They must apply their knowledge of medians to help accomplish the task.
4 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Pair classmates to work on the task and challenge them to find as many unique solutions as possible
- Learners should be familiar with special segments of triangles
- An understanding of how to calculate areas of triangles is a prerequisite
- Provides an answer key, including diagrams of sample partition methods
- Gives a printable worksheet for the task
- Resource indicates that geometry software is included, but it does not give a link