This Dividing Polynomials video also includes:
Divide and conquer factoring. Learners see how dividing polynomials is similar to long division of numbers. Pupils learn how to use long division of polynomials to help find factors of higher degree polynomials. They then use their knowledge of factoring to find all the factors of a polynomial.
- Make the connection between dividing polynomial and rational expressions
- Fits as the third lesson in a five-part unit on polynomials
- Assumes the class understands how to multiply a monomial times a polynomial
- Includes multiple worksheets to use for practice
- Answer key provides detailed work showing the path to the solution