Three terms divided by two terms does not equal 1 1/2 terms. Pupils watch the procedure of polynomial division using quadratic trinomials and linear binomials. The video works through two examples, one with a remainder and one without, to ensure individuals understand the process.
- Remind the class of the relationship between subtraction and adding the opposite as being the same
- Lead a discussion on how to find factors by using division
- Requires learners to understand monomial division
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Connects whether there is a remainder to what it means about the divisor being a factor
- Uses highlights to show the term being considered