This Distribution of Elements in Earth’s Crust activity & project also includes:
How do scientists know the difference between a meteorite from space and a regular rock from the earth? Scholars read a passage and answer comprehension questions about the creation of the solar system. They extrapolate the main ideas to understand which chemical elements exist on Earth, other planets, asteroids, meteors, and comets.
- Add the eight vocabulary words from question one on the worksheet to science journals
- Relies on prior knowledge of the periodic table and reading scientific texts
- Lesson aligns with the short film The Day the Mesozoic Died but does not require watching the film
- Includes an answer key for the analysis questions, quiz, and reading comprehension quiz
- Provides teaching tips for implementing the lesson