This Distance Between Two Points: Taxicab Distance interactive also includes:
Apply geometry to find the distance as the crow flies. An engaging lesson compares the distance a car must drive to the straight line distance between two locations. Scholars must manipulate a simulation, note the change in distances, and determine a pattern.
- Provide pupils a graphic organizer to record the measured lengths as they work with the manipulative
- Flip your classroom and assign the video as homework; use class time for the interactive portion of the lesson
- Create a free CK-12 account to use lesson resources
- Provides background information as a link within the interactive component
- Includes both graphical and symbolic representations