This Dissecting The Camera instructional video also includes:
An episode of a film history playlist looks at camera technology and the roles of the various operators. The narrator presents an overview of different types of film camera lenses, apertures, shutter speed, frame rates, ISO, and codex. She also details the responsibilities of all those job titles listed at the end of films, and how camera movement can be used to create tension in a scene.
- Provide a list of the terms used in the episode, stop the video frequently to permit viewers to record definitions, to ask questions, and to clarify understanding
- The episodes are designed to be viewed in order
- While not required, viewing the Part I of the Crash Course film history playlist would be beneficial
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses scenes from Star Wars to illustrate such camera techniques as pushes and pulls
- Concludes with a reap of topics covered in the episode