Could a population stay the exact same over time with no change in allele frequencies? The video explains the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium theorem and the assumptions it requires. It discusses mutation, migration, gene flow, genetic drift, population size, sexual selection, and artificial selection.
- If students don't know the Hardy-Weinberg assumptions, have them copy the assumptions found at 0:30 into their science journals
- Review what random means scientifically
- Relies on prior knowledge of traits, reproduction, and DNA
- Requires very little class time to show
- Highlights vocabulary throughout the video