This Discriminant interactive also includes:
Discriminate between the types of roots. The interactive root introduces the discriminant and its connection to the types and number of roots. Pupils use a slider to view graphically the effect of the sign of the discriminant on a parabola. They use that information to determine the number of real roots.
- Find the actual roots based upon the discriminant
- The class should know the quadratic formula
- Individuals should be comfortable evaluating rational expressions
- Teachers need to register for a free CK-12 account
- Contains hints for the problems
- Allows the scholars to view the correct answer if the incorrect one is selected