This Discovering Enzymes lesson plan also includes:
Explore the function of enzymes through a series of lab investigations. Learners use household enzymes such as hydrogen peroxide to model the role of enzymes. The enzymes break down proteins with and without a catalyst.
23 Views 26 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Create lab stations for groups of learners to complete at their own pace
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Ensure pupils follow safety precautions when handling materials
- Includes a rubric for assessing understanding of lab explorations
- Provides teaching tips to elicit desired outcomes