This DiscoverE Challenge: Pen Factory activity & project also includes:
Manufacture a great lesson on industrial manufacturing. A fun resource has learners use the production of pens to consider how assembly lines work. They write out a set of instructions for assembling a pen, test it out, then determine if improvements can be made.
- Have the class write a journal entry about their experience
- Requires a set of pens and a stopwatch
- Scholars should have knowledge of the engineering design process
- Includes a teacher reference guide
- Provides a worksheet with directions for the activity