This Disability Awareness Activity Packet activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
When you have an inclusive classroom it is important to help your general education students understand their peers with disabilities. This packet provides information and activities to assist elementary-aged children in building a better grasp of what life is like for children with disabilities. Each activity and related worksheet focuses on one of several common disabilities seen in the educational community. Autism, learning disabilities, communication disorder, hearing impairment, visual impairment, and intellectual disabilities are all discussed.
- The packet was written by a special educator
- It provides information that will help both teachers and students in general education setting
- The activities help build empathy and acceptance of others
- The outdated term mentally retarded is used to describe what is now called intellectual disability.