This Dirty Decomposers lesson plan also includes:
Do not let the class just sit and rot. Pupils learn how decomposition and nutrient recycling is important to an ecosystem. Groups design an experiment to determine how environmental conditions affect decomposition. They develop a poster to present their findings.
- Use the detailed carrot rotting experiment for those needing more structure
- Uses time spread across a couple of class periods for final presentation prep and presentations
- Provides readings for an introduction
- Includes suggestions for extensions
- Contains ways to conduct an after-lesson assessment