Directly, find a missing value. The video demonstrates how to find the fourth value in a direct variation relationship knowing three others. Scholars learn to find the constant of variation and use it to find a missing value.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Make the connection between direct variation equations and proportional equations
- Create pairs and have classmates solve different parts of the direct variation problem, with one finding the constant and variation and the other identifying the missing value
- Requires that students understand how to solve an equation for a variable
- Uses colors to highlight sections of the problem
- Shows all the steps needed to arrive at the solution