Dimetrodon—the dinosaur that wasn't really a dinosaur! Explore the facts about an animal that lived before the Jurassic era with a fact-filled video from Brain Scoop. The narrator shows dimetrodon's characteristics, its common ancestry with dinosaurs and other reptiles, and the differences between ancient mammal-like species and the dinosaurs that followed.
- Supplement a lesson on evolution, dinosaurs, or animal anatomy with the video
- Have the class research other ancient animals that are commonly mislabeled as dinosaurs
- Discuss characteristics of mammals and reptiles before viewing the resource
- Highlights how common misconceptions in science are often perpetuated by science fiction
- The narrator gives a great explanation of the differences between dimetrodon and dinosaurs