Time to discover a new dimension—dimensional analysis that is. After discussing the need for dimensional analysis, the video lesson describes the process by giving a general setup. The instructor then demonstrates examples in both standard and metric units.
- Practice dimensional analysis by converting units on whiteboards
- Pause the video after the instructor presents a problem; allow pupils to attempt the problem before showing the worked-out solution
- Requires a solid understanding of metric prefixes
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides clear explanations with advice for remembering relationships
- Shows multiple examples to give individuals an opportunity to grasp the concept