This Digestion: Chew on That lesson plan also includes:
When your mom tells you to chew your food, you really should listen! A lesson on the digestive system examines the first step of digestion that happens in the mouth. Learners check crackers and use iodine to highlight changes in the composition of the cracker.
- Use multiple options for food to compare the result with different textures
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Meant as an introduction to the digestive system
- The lesson is the 11th in a larger series on the transport systems of the body
- Includes an answer key with sample solutions
- Provides an option for extending the lesson