This Diffusion Across Semipermeable Membranes interactive also includes:
Mitochondria use two semipermeable membranes to work properly. Young scientists adjust the pore size for two membranes. They then observe the diffusion of two different sizes of molecules.
7 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Discuss which systems require something to pass through two different membranes
- Challenge scholars to see what pore size allows for the fastest balance of water molecules while keeping the protein contained
- Relies on prior knowledge of diffusion and molecule size
- Allows scholars to trace one molecule as it moves
- Requires very little class time