This Diffusion Across a Semipermeable Membrane interactive also includes:
Semipermeable membranes allow water to go through—but not larger molecules. The simulation encourages pupils to adjust the membrane pore size to understand how this works. It also provides a way to trace the movement of a single molecule.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have pupils work in small groups, or individually if computer access allows, and take notes on the size of each molecule and the size of the pores as they experiment
- Use when teaching about semipermeable membranes
- Relies on prior knowledge of diffusion
- Provides a built-in timer
- Requires very little class time