Demonstrate working an initial value problem with an AP Calculus video that verifies that a family of functions is a solution to a differential equation by substitution. The presentation goes on to find a particular solution that belongs to a given initial value.
- Use a graphing program to graph several members of the family of solutions
- Provide opportunities for pupils to verify solutions of an equation
- The class should know how to differentiate a function
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses a graphical representation of the particular solution
- After making a mistake, the presenter talks through the process to find his mistake — great for pupils to see