Subtracting fractions with unlike denominators is the focus of an interactive designed to boost mathematicians' problem-solving skills. Five questions challenge participants to answer multiple-choice and true or false questions with help from moveable fraction circles. The practice ends with a discussion question.
- Assign the link for homework after direct instruction and guided practice
- Direct early finishers to practice their math skills when other tasks are complete
- Encourage pupils to use their notes and work problems out on scratch paper
- A free CK-12 account is required to access the interactive
- Feedback is revealed after responses are chosen
- Hints and additional information are provided
- Fraction circles are color-coded