Despite the title, here is a video that makes honey even sweeter! Biology scholars journey inside a beehive with a fascinating video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. Pupils learn about the social structure of a honey bee hive, how pollen becomes honey, and how much honey a single bee makes in her lifetime.
- Add the video to an insect unit or to highlight honey in a nutrition lesson
- Follow up the resource with a look at types of and uses for honey throughout history
- Make sure pupils are aware of how enzymes work, as well as the structure of different sugars
- Animated bees help convey the roles of worker and processor bees
- The narrator provides clear explanations of the chemical processes that occur inside bees to produce honey