Most meat-eating dinosaurs had bones filled with air, just like today's birds. Scholars explore the idea that humans still live with dinosaurs, aka birds in a video that explains how researchers determined that modern birds descended from dinosaurs through the analysis of their skeletons, posture, feathers, eyesight, sound, and other characteristics.
- Have learners research Archaeopteryx and share their findings
- Use resources found in description to incorporate other readings, research, and videos about birds and dinosaurs
- Video fits in a unit on evolution or animal adaptations
- If assigning as homework in a flipped classroom, be sure everyone has Internet access
- Great introduction to engage learners from Jurassic Park movies
- Link to their related video on tetrapods found at 1:18