Care to speculate on how life on Earth came to be? The video presentation from the ACS Reaction series considers the possibility of comets creating the right conditions for the formation of life. Scholars consider colliding comets as transporters of the molecules necessary for the first forms of life.
- Flip the classroom and assign the video lesson as homework; use class time for discussion and practice
- Create a graphic organizer to record different theories on the origin of life on Earth
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if assigning the video as homework
- Includes references for further research
- Provides different forms of evidence to support the theory