This Dichotomous Keys: Identification Achievement Unlocked video also includes:
Do you know the difference between a mountain lion, puma, cougar, and Texas panther? They are all the same animal but have different names in different areas of the world, which is why we use scientific names for plants and animals. The video demonstrates how to use a dichotomous key in order to correctly identify given items.
- Print the worksheet for students to complete while watching the video rather than after
- It is helpful to have prior knowledge of the genus categories, photosynthesis, and other basic biology terms
- The lesson works well in a traditional or a flipped classroom
- The twenty 26th video in a series of 33
- Engaging cartoon graphics explain complex material simply
- Comments include moderation to prevent bad language