This Developing an Opinion Based on the Textual Evidence: Jackie Robinson’s Role in the Civil Rights Movement (Promises to Keep, Pages 50–57) lesson plan also includes:
Caption this. Scholars look at pages 50-57 of Promises to Keep and discuss the photographs on the pages. They analyze the captions with the pictures and then discuss vocabulary such as human rights and civil rights.
2 Collections 3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Begin by showing types of photos and asking pupils to describe the story they see in the photo (examples: a child dropping ice cream and crying, a birthday party, a snowy day, etc.)
- Installment 13 of 17 in Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2
- Order of lessons is important
- Includes teacher notes with explanations about activities and connections to previous lessons
- Offers ideas for meeting the needs of all learners