This Developing an Opinion Based on the Textual Evidence: Jackie Robinson’s Legacy (Promises to Keep, Pages 58–63) lesson plan also includes:
Jackie Robinson left a legacy beyond the field. Readers look at pages 58-63 of Promises to Keep and summarize Robinson's legacy. They then form and opinion about the legacy and support it with evidence. Working with partners, class members complete reading task cards to guide their thinking.
- Ask learners to discuss other people they feel have left a legacy
- Installment 16 of 17 in Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2
- Must complete lessons in order
- Includes vocabulary words important to the lesson
- Offers suggestions for prompting and questioning pupils