Record-setting cars need specially made tires. Young engineers watch a video in the Real Engineering series to learn about designing tires. Along the way, they study acceleration, inertia, and angular velocity.
3 Views 2 Downloads
- Have learners research some of the cars mentioned in the video in more detail as a project
- Pupils should understand acceleration in terms of angular velocity
- Some knowledge of building materials, such as carbon fiber, is helpful
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Actual video footage makes topic interesting
- Detailed explanations make the concept clear