This Designing Safer Roadways lesson plan also includes:
Be careful on curvy roads. An interesting STEM activity challenges scholars to design a safe road system. The goal is to help ensure that cars coming down a hill will be able to make a right turn without sliding off the road. Pupils test out their ideas by using different materials to simulate road conditions and marbles on a ramp for the cars.
- See if the state Department of Transportation has resources for traffic safety
- Prepare materials for the lesson ahead of time
- Part of the larger SLED Design series
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation
- Gives possible lesson extension activities