This Designing Benjamin Franklin: In Search of a Better World lesson plan also includes:
How do you convey someone’s creativity? Individuals answer the question as they design exhibitions to showcase the intellect and genius of Benjamin Franklin. After conducting research, classmates work in groups to try to capture and share the essence of Franklin.
- Encourage learners to use multimedia or role playing in their presentations
- Invite students to use what they know about Franklin’s interests and scientific activity to speculate about what inventions Franklin would focus on if he were alive today
- Adapt the project to fit the number of class periods you want it to cover
- A refresher lesson or handout on proper citation of text, images, audio, and video should accompany this research project
- Lesson creates interdisciplinary links between history and science
- Research guide focuses not just on Franklin’s many and varied inventions, but on Franklin as a scientist in a historical context