This Designing a Sustainable Guest Village in the Saguaro National Park lesson plan also includes:
Brainstorm ideas to design a sustainable guest village in the Sonoran Desert. The first installment of a nine-part unit teaches young environmental scientists about the basics of the Saguaro National Park and about sustainable design. Video clips from expert ecologists provide some additional information.
- Invite an ecologist to give a talk on sustainability
- There is one associated activity for the lesson
- Learners should have some basic familiarity with biotic and abiotic factors of a biome
- Includes PowerPoint presentation to use in class
- Provides an overview of activity, but it does not include the actual activity (which is the next installment)