This Designing a Device Utilizing a Balloon Filled with Carbon Dioxide lesson plan also includes:
Don't waste all that carbon dioxide. Scholars first produce carbon dioxide by mixing baking soda and vinegar. They measure the masses of the reactants and products to verify the law of conservation of mass. As a culminating activity, they design devices that make use of the carbon dioxide.
- Use the client cards at the end of the resource to help groups brainstorm ideas
- Activity requires a variety of materials; see the resource for a complete list
- Learners must be able to measure mass
- Part of the STEM SLED Design series
- Includes possible extension activities
- Worksheets include data tables to record experimental results