This Design of Music Instruments for a Rock Band lesson plan also includes:
Can you create a rock band? Scholars learn about the creation and transmission of sound in a hands-on STEM activity. First, they explore the transmission of sound using a tuning fork. Then, they must solve the problem of missing instruments and design their string instruments in an engineering design task. Finally, pupils evaluate other designs and determine changes to improve their own.
- Invite a music teacher to class to discuss different sounds of various instruments
- Have learners create other instruments and compare sounds in an extension activity
- Requires materials not found in a typical classroom
- Offers ideas for lesson extension
- Great real-life connection engages learners