This Design of a Reindeer Habitat for an Indiana Zoo lesson plan also includes:
What would Rudolph ask for in his ideal home? Pupils analyze the characteristics of the reindeer to create their perfect zoo habitats. A STEM instructional activity focuses on the design of the habitat while factoring constraints such as space, diet, and mating needs.
- Differentiate by providing varying levels of vocabulary and mathematical support
- Invite a zoologist to speak about the habitat design at a local zoo
- Expects proficiency with ratio and proportions
- Emphasizes key scientific vocabulary
- Uses common materials that are easy to access