This Design of a Green Roof lesson plan also includes:
Help scholars develop a green thumb by building a green roof. Groups first grow lettuce seeds under normal conditions, then they try to grow the seeds in trays that are slanted by 45 degrees. They learn about tropism and engineering design by taking part in the fun STEM activity.
- If possible, take the class on a field trip to see roof gardens
- Learners must be able to measure angles and distance
- Part of the SLED Design activities
- Note that the lesson requires two weeks for seeds to grow
- Provides very detailed lesson instructions
- Lists several assessment options