This Design of a Canal for a New Water Park in Lafayette lesson plan also includes:
Erosion is no match for our canals. Learners first perform experiments to test the amount of erosion for different materials and different slopes. Based on the results, they design ditches or canals that carry water from one location to another and which can withstand erosion.
- Team up with an Earth Science teacher for the lesson
- See the complete list in the resource for materials and tools needed for the activity
- Part of the SLED Design series for STEM activities
- Provides a PowerPoint to use with the class
- Includes a detailed description of the science content for instructors