Doctors offer limited treatment options and no vaccine for Dengue Virus, which often requires intensive care. Scientists understand how the virus gets into cells and replicates, knowledge which they hope will lead to a cure or treatment. View an animation of the initial process at the cellular level in order to better understand the virus.
- Discuss how knowing about the attack pattern of the virus impacts treatment options
- Relies on prior knowledge of the spread of viruses
- Video available for download in both WMV and MOV formats
- Requires very little class time
- High contrast colors help visual learners