Curated and Reviewed by Lesson Planet
How do you make an enzyme stop working? The video explains the process of denaturing enzymes. It lists many uses for this process and examples that young scientists understand from experience.
8 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Discuss food preservation methods before watching the video
- Research the pros and cons of various methods and discuss why scientists haven't endorsed one method over the others
- Relies on prior knowledge of proteins and Celcius
- Includes a cue to pause the video and answer a question before continuing
- Connects chemistry to food science