Scholars may think they face big problems, but not like the problems engineers face. During this episode, the first step of the engineering process, define the process, is examined through a hypothetical scenario that invites learners to ponder how to get across a deep canyon.
- Create a flipped classroom assignment by having scholars view at home, prior to the day the subject will be discussed in class
- Take time to search the school library, or on mobile learning devices, for information about engineers and the products they have designed
- This is the third video in a series of 17 about engineering and the process used to problem solve
- The video grabs pupils' attention through cartoon graphics, sound effects, and humorous dialogue
- Aligns with Next Generation Science Standards
- The host speaks rather quickly which may be challenging for learners taking notes or answering questions