This Dedham Deed lesson plan also includes:
Class members examine primary source documents that expose the contrasting views of land ownership between the Pocumtuck and English settlers.
1 Collection 3 Views 2 Downloads
- Project a current map of the area and have class members locate modern cities on the old map of New England
- The third in a series of eight lessons that focus on the conflicts between the Pocumtuck and the English settlers
- The lessons, designed to be used in order, create a scaffolding for the confrontations examined in subsequent lessons
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Detailed directions for the two activities are included in the packet