This Deconstrucing the Familiar activity & project also includes:
Collaboration and complicity. Class members examine a series of photographs and consider how active participation and passive complicity represented in the photos contributed to the Holocaust.
1 Collection 35 Views 39 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Conclude the lesson by asking class members to brainstorm ways ordinary individuals might avoid active participation or passive complicity in events such as The Holocaust
- Carefully consider the personal connection some class members may have to the Holocaust and the impact the lesson may have on them
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- It isn't until the captions for the photos are revealed that the full implications of the images become apparent
- The worksheets direct individuals to carefully examine the details in each photo