This Decolonization lesson plan also includes:
The ripple effect from one small event can impact many others. Young historians research the ripple effect World War II had on decolonization in the second installment of an eight-part series. Through primary and secondary documents as well as videos and maps, the nature of Cold War politics and power become clear.
- Split class into two groups and debate which incident had a greater impact: Suez Crisis or the Cuban Missile Crisis
- Create stations around the room representing different parts of the world that were impacted by decolonization
- Laminate a large map on decolonization from 1945-1965 and place in front of the room for reference
- Group size should be no more than three
- Resource provides multiple printable materials for classroom use
- Includes primary and secondary resources on the Cold War