A presentation on Darwin's theory of evolution and natural selection could be a good addition to your biology class. It provides general information about how animals adapt to their surroundings, as well as how organisms create more offspring than needed to replace their parents.
- Use the presentation to introduce your unit on natural selection, either as a class discussion or individually in a computer lab
- Have kids take lecture notes during the presentation, and prompt them to come up with a conclusion or summarizing statement
- Ask your class about the significance of the animals pictured in the presentation, and have them research another animal that has adapted to survive in its environment
- Information is clear and easy to understand
- Well-organized, and provides good examples of the theories