Turn to the dark side! Learners discover the facts about the matter you can't see and can't interact with, yet, it may make up 85 percent of the universe. The narrator explains what we know about dark matter, how it changes the behavior of galaxies and galaxy clusters, and the methods scientists use to detect its presence.
- Assign the video as an extension of a lesson on galaxies or matter
- Pair students and give them time to research the particles that make up the more familiar proton, neutron, and electron
- Provide a quick review of the concept of space-time
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Analogies help make difficult concepts more understandable for younger students
- Simple illustrations depict the fabric of space-time, making it easier to see how it affects gravity and light