This Dances to Flute Music and Obscene Verse. It's Roman Theater, Everybody: Crash Course Theater #5 video also includes:
Believe it or not, ancient Romans had a sense of humor—although it may have been a bit absurd. The fifth video in the Crash Course Theater series discusses the evolution of Roman drama, incorporating images and animations to help bring the concepts to life. Part of the video also focuses on the similarities between Greek and Roman comedies to provide a well-rounded look at the beloved pastime.
- Compare traits of comedies from Ancient Greece to comedies of Ancient Rome using a Venn diagram or other graphic organizer
- Use the elements discussed in the video to have small groups write short comedies inspired by the Ancient Romans
- Contains references to lewd scenarios
- Narrator speaks with a lot of emotion to help make the content more engaging
- Refers to previous episodes to help improve understanding of how the events fit into a larger timeline
- Video packs a lot of information into a short time frame, and it is difficult to follow because of speed