While our bodies have incredible capabilities to repair damage, some mutations accumulate and lead to disease. Follow the life of a DNA mutation using a computer-generated animation. The narrator explains the impact of radiation, including ultraviolet radiation, on DNA.
- Have learners continue to research different diseases caused by DNA mutations following the lesson
- Post the video to a class website to use as a resource
- Pupils should understand the concept of DNA replication prior to the lesson
- Provides a transcript of the video to assist with the language
- Site includes links to practice resources on the same topic